View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #10
kwaniesiam

Really it depends on your body and individual pain tolerance as to how much a piercing will hurt. Some areas are more sensitive than others. My eyebrow (since retired) hurt like a bitch the second time around, first time it got tore out at a show it wasn't that bad actually getting it. I couldn't even feel my navel or nostril. Cartilage for me isn't so much more painful as it just takes longer to heal and can be pissy along the way. There's also a weird crunch/popping noise. Make sure you go to a good, experienced piercer and I also reccomend using a straight barbell as initial jewerly if you're getting a helix since sometimes the curve of a ring can irritate it during healing. Also NEVER use a gun at the mall for any piercing those are evil >.<
http://www.safepiercing.org/FAQ.html

To the OP: If you want an industrial, get one but I'd say only get one side at a time unless you sleep on your back ALL THE TIME. Mine didn't bother me that much, but I trust my piercer with anything and it was over very quick. It's a LOT less painful than getting your helix done with a gun (made the mistake 6 years ago before I knew better, damn bump never went away). Healing is more tricky. For that I layed my head down into a bowl of warm sea salt water to soak and used a hot chamomile teabag as a compress when it got unhappy. They're prone to hypertrophic scarring so don't worry if they get a little bumpy, it's usually all part of the process. HTH
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote