View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
AshleyO

I agree with Alan, but I can understand the sentiment that the others are saying.

There does seem to be this overarching idea that there's no real escape or fixing the establishment so we tend to dream up ideas where we simply escape from established society and invent a new one.

I understand that, but I don't like it either.

You see, it's like those that support state's rights over human rights. They always tell me that I shouldn't care if Florida or Texas or any other state is horrible to its poor, it's PoCs, its immigrants, or its women; it doesn't affect me and wont because I live in New York in quite possibly one of the most progressive cities in the whole country. I have no reason to bitch; I'm unaffected.

Well excuse the shit out of me if I happen to give half a damn about fellow Americans or even human beings in general. So no. FUCK state's rights. There's a big big problem if you go from one state to another and all of a sudden; you're a different person under the law. That's fucked up shit, yo.

And then I wonder what the fuck is actually wrong with the GOP or even most Democratic candidates. All of them have seemed to have graduated from Ivy League schools and many of them actually have a problem with teaching children the theory of Evolution through natural selection or they even seem to lack even the most basic academic understanding of poverty. It's like they're not even book smart about it. Oh and THEN they can't seem to understand that if heterosexual people get tax breaks and benefits from marriage, that it's only fair to extend that to all orientations. Of course, what do you get if they want to talk about being fair? Stop extending the benefits to hetero couples or don't have the state recognize marriages at all regardless of orientation. In short, "I can't stand to see LGBTQ people enjoy the same rights that I enjoy under the law so much, that I'd rather do without the rights all together than to see them gain one OUNCE of social mobility." WHY WONT THESE PEOPLE FUCKING DIE ALREADY?!

I sit there and see the political discourse in the US right now and the shit is insanely vicious with plenty of racism, sexism, and even NAKED PROTECTION of certain privileges to certain classes of people in the US.

And then I have to wonder what the fuck it actually is that stays the hand of the American people when one of our candidates starts talking about how tough they're going to be on the poor or when they start boasting sexist jingoism right in front of level headed people. WHY AREN'T THEY GETTING SPAT UPON?!

And then I end up sympathizing with the "fuck it, I want to live on an island away from the crazy bullshit" crowd. Only problem is; turning your back on the world isn't going to solve the problems and "out of sight/out of mind" isn't a strategy.

And it's shit like this that reinforces my allegiance to communism and makes it easy for me to confirm that it's exactly a dose of that, that the US needs.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote