View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #12
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Well given my inexperience with liquor of any sort (I've only had beer) this probably wont turn out well.

3 parts sprecher rootbeer
2 parts Amerique 1912 Absinthe Verte
1 part apple cider(the non alcoholic version) fresh from the orchards among the hills of Hubertus
a sprig of mint
on the rocks with the icecubes made from frozen ice tea.

A nice sounding combination of herbs, of a distinctly Wisconsin flavor, including the sprig of mint(my dad when he was younger even worked on a mint farm briefly). With the exception of the tea, which would be more of a Washington thing I would think. But I have no idea how it would turn out, and wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if it turns out badly. But if it turns out well, then I would be very much pleased.
The drink isn't entirely without basis though, the rootbeer and absithe is based on another actual drink. I increased the amount of absinthe due to the extra ingredients, and I'm betting the other drink used a plain rootbeer, rather than a gourmet one.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote