View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 09:00 PM   #97
Empty_Purple_Stars

Ya know what I am really tired of hearing?

Blah blah blah " So many of our troops are dead"

Ya know what, ITS A FRIGGIN WAR!!!

We are not over there having a fucking tea party..

I have friends stationed over there, and ya know what, when they enlisted they knew in their hearts that they may never come home again. Yes, my soul would be filled with sorrow if they died, but I accept their sacrifice as a conscious one.

That is just a basic fact of life that ANY soldier has to accept during an armed conflict.

It is not a pretty fact, nor is it a happy one but that does not make it any LESS of a fact.

This US led conflict STILL has the LOWEST casualty rate of ANY US led conflict in our military history.

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.

Sir Winston Churchill

There was no " SIGN UP HERE TO BE COUNTED IF YOU ARE AN INSURGENT" poll.

To again loosely quote Churchill " When you enter into a war, take everything you know about the enemy and the battle and throw it away "

There is no tried and true ONE SET WAY for conducting military strategy.

IT DOES NOT EXIST.

You act and you adapt.

It is as simple as that..

Soldiers die, women and children die.. Innocents lose their lives..

This is the UNCHANGING face of war..

It has been thus since we as a race of people began to organize against one another, and it will be that way for eons to come..

No one has to like it, but distaste will not make this any LESS of a fact...

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
~Winston Churchill

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote