View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #145
Ben Lahnger

Well, part of the problem is ongoing story lines were thrown out with the reboot. It's like the season where the TV show Dallas started losing viewers and tried to right the ship by claiming the previous season was all a dream, thereby starting off with a new storyline. DC deserves criticism for abandoning plots that people were invested in, or squeezing others that were meant to wrap up in 3-4 issues in one comic (Nightwing, for example.) If that happened with a TV series or a series of movies or books, there'd be just as much criticism (if not more) regardless of their financial problems.

And as far as HAVING to make a change to correct their financial situation, perhaps DC should take a lesson from Netflix's recent debacle, which has caused their CEO to issue multiple public apologies. There's no doubt Netflix had to make a change ... the problem is HOW they went about it.

Now, a couple of points relating to what the reboot has done badly ... specifically regarding Catwoman and Starfire.

Here's an article from author Michelle Lee, who lets her 7-year-old daughter speak to the issue. The post also contains links to critical articles from Comics Alliance, Andrew Wheeler and Ms. Snarky ... all are worth reading.

And finally, this comic from Shortpacked! speaks volumes:

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote