View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #207
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
You'll find the more you learn about A.D.D., the more of your past will make sense. Of course, A.D.D. is a complex diagnosis that actually describes an illness or condition that manifests in different ways in different people. I finally found an explanation for all the memory issues I've had (which, when you're in a family with 40+ cousins and can't remember most of their names, is a problem).

Also, after the diagnosis, for most folks there is a naturally occurring period of depression, and perhaps even grieving. Because you have to come to terms with the fact that certain things are never going to get better. You can take medication and learn behavioral coping mechanisms, but the disease (or brain chemistry disorder if you prefer) is never going away.

I went through this. Get help if you need it.
Thanks for the support. If I had been here long enough and posted enough to send pm's, I would have sent you a really long and boring one, so I'll just say thanks, and I've got a great psychologist now who actually knows what he's doing rather than my family docter assuming I was bipolar.

Haha swine flu.

I think Rosie might shortcircuit and then there'd be one more thing my electrician father swears he'll get around to fixing (but if the directions are in Japanese he'll be delighted because languages are his true passion). But thanks for the thought, that's really fucking cool!
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote