Old 11-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #96
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
3000 thousand in a day? Wow!

How about 100 000 in a second - Hiroshima

Nagasaky ring a bell?

Weren't they civilians?

Do we forget who it was that used weapons of mass destruction on civilians to a scale never seen on this planet before or since?

Or am I being one-sided?

Or was it a long time ago and we should just forget it?
No I feel horrible for what happened. MAny innocents were lost.

Lost because the U.S. tried to warn Japan that they were going to do that and the goverment shose to ignore it. That's more than can be said for Pearl Harbor. No not all of them were civilians, but at the same time none of those lost that day had lifted a finger against Japan.

Could Nagasaky have been prevented had the Japanese Imperial Goverment chose to surrender after the first bomb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
You've *got* to know that this is bullshit- if the UN had supported pre-emptive war on Iraq, so many of our troops wouldn't be dead right now. We'd have had the man power needed to keep Iraqi insurgents under control.
The U.S. never said it was a direct response to 9/11. Again people forget the weeks leading up to the invasion. The man supposedly didn't have WMDs (someday they will find something in Syria I am sure) but he pretended like he did. The U.N., corrupt as it is, had 17 resolutions that were ignored. Had he left the country as was asked of him...but he didn't. One of his top aides had said under interrogation that Sadam was shocked when the forces hit their soil. Why? Because, in his words/mind, he had paid off most of the countries in the U.N. and figured he'd be safe.

OVER...OVER 1,500 insurgents were killed in the Falluja assault alone, that isn't counting all the insurgents killed up until that point. So to try to spin it that we are losing because of those we have unfortunatly lost iis weak at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
We'd have had the man power needed to keep Iraqi insurgents under control.
You mean Saddam. He kept his country under control. Did it with severe cruelty that would make LPFC English puke.

The insurgents, or "Freedom Fighters", which are aptly named because that's what they are fighting, Iraq's freedom, are made up of foreign fighters. Like Palestine, there are outside influences here. Like the WTO protests that had anarchists who were there for NO OTHER REASON than to cause chaos, like the Democratic Party having people like Michael Moore "representing" it, these are all causes being marred by those who could care let about their cause. The insurgents are not these oppressed people fighting a good cause, they are trouble makers hiding under that banner. In doing what they are doing, they want people to only see the horror, horror that THEY caused. So when people like Sternn and others here feed off that, and use it as ammo for their cause, it disturbs me.

Oh and careful...careful to anyone who disagrees with me and Asuri and others that you don't have a knee-jerk reaction and dismiss us as stupid for having opinions other than your own. That's popping up here lately (in the last 72 hours) and I'd be a shame if your points are lost in a flame-war.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote