View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 AM   #83
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
I have left according to what I proposed as me leaving when I stated I was? What you mean?

Yes, there were a variety of polls, most showing a strong bias against GW, you're suggestion there wasn't one was rather unfair. I do trust some polls and don't think they're propaganda, Gallup for example.
a while back you said you were leaving - i'm glad you didn't, even though we really have never quite hit it off.

and yes, you're absolutely right. there are a few polls which carry universal acceptance as being legitimate, gallup for example. human tides wax and wane, however and a negative poll following a negative event doesn't necessarily hold true as time goes on. i don't follow polls though, mainly for that reason. people in general have a hard time finding their core convictions and sticking by them. and in that vein, mass opinion, to me, is a faulty measure of what's acceptable or not at any given moment.