View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Versus

That's the first I've heard of it. You have to remember that I don't typically pay attention to the news because it stresses me out.

Something else that kind of bothered me, though:

Quote:
"The Afghan people can withstand a lot of pain," Prince Ali Seraj, the head of the National Coalition for Dialogue with the Tribes of Afghanistan, told CNN. "They can withstand collateral damage. They can withstand night raids. But murder is something that they totally abhor, and when that happens, they really want justice."

In a statement issued by his office, Karzai said the killings took place in the district of Panjwai, about 25 km (15 miles) southwest of Kandahar, southern Afghanistan's major city. Haji Agha Lali, a member of the provincial council, told CNN the soldier had attacked four houses in two nearby villages.

"We call this an intentional act," Karzai said. He said the dead included four men, three women and nine children, calling the killings "acts of terror and unforgivable." Another five people were wounded, he said.
It's interesting that the actions of an asshole with a gun in a foreign country is international, but when an Afghan National Army soldier on patrol with us last December decided to be an asshole and randomly gun down 4 guys in my platoon, requiring one to have his leg amputated and lung removed because it collapsed, it doesn't even make the news.

Very interesting. I wonder why that is?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote