View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #89
CptSternn

TS - Your still not getting it. E_E understood me even, which is scary. My point is we don't have that whole April 15th thing.

Yes, we may pay taxes, but what you aren't getting is that we never see or have to worry about it.

I mean for example, I sent in a CV (resume) last week for a position at a corp in Limerick. The job listing had the salary listed at €70,000 a year. If I were to get that job, I would make 70,000 a year. The taxes would be prior to that amount and not only would I not see them, I would never hear about them or know about them. I would get €5,833.00 a month in pay.

I'm just saying in the states if you make $20 an hour, you get like $14.00 after they take out taxes. If you make $50,000 a year, you keep and take home $30,000 a year or so after taxes, social security, etc.

Here all that is done behind the scenes and you never have to worry about it or do any paperwork.

And yes, rednecks are a pain. I helped with a few venues in Kansas about a year ago. Flew out there to meet with a business partner in one of my other ventures and ended up stayin for a while helping with some G/I events. Talk about catching flak - people in Kansas freaked when they saw the people entering the club for the BDSM nite we did with Tapping The Vein and Electric Hellfire Club.

They lined the street to yell all kinds of colorful slurs.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote