View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #121
Varbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
If you never really thought about this stuff all that much and are defensive about having your views questioned, that makes you... human. It's cool. But there's no call to get angry when people who DO think a lot about this stuff point out the flaws in your argument. It's nothing personal. But this stuff does matter to a lot of people, so saying we should "let sleeping dogs lie" is moot.
I would be fine if people where simply pointing out flaws in my view. But, some of the things that where thrown at my where just people being rude and disrespectful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Well, of course civil rights isn't going to be very important to him. Varbane is a Cracker Von Patriarch and already has all of his rights. Anybody else is just whining about frivolous shit.

It's pretty fucking simple, really. Either you feel that a fetus is equal to a person or you don't. If you DO feel they are the same, then what you basically just said, Varbane, is that not only is murder is okay in certain circumstances, but you are comfortable with genocide like never seen before in human history, as long as it takes place in another state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
So you'd tell me I'm a slut and deserve to be burdened with children I didn't want and I'm a cunt for having an abortion, but you'd still feed me if I'm hungry and poor? Wow, you're a saint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Bullshit. You answered the same way virtually every single conservative answers. That's no middle. It's well into the right, which clearly shows the political spectrum serves a purpose because otherwise you'd try to weasel yourself out and pretend that a) the golden mean isn't a fallacy, and b) your opinion even falls into the golden mean.

There is more but I pretty sure I made my point. And its posts like that that put me on the defense in the first place. I would happily engage in a civil conversation. But this conversation has been anything but civil.

I'll be the first to admit this is an issue I have not given much though. So this would have been a great time for those that have been a good time for the people quoted above to have a civil conversation about the issue. Even when I came out and said that's what I was looking for and didn't attack people right back I still caught flak from people and still am. Hell I'm still open to having one. But, I don't see that happening.
Varbane is offline   Reply With Quote