View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #141
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Condescension masked as benevolent wisdom is my favorite. The best part is that it doesn't even fucking occur to you why it would piss me off for you to ask me what privilege means to me. But sure. I'm butthurt and whining. Whatever. Carry the fuck on, I think I'm about to write you off anyway.
Benevolent wisdom nothing, if you refuse to define your terms because it makes you mad that I can't read your mind, you shouldn't be arguing. Period.

Of course it occurs to me as to why it would piss you off, but that doesn't mean that it's something you shouldn't do. I'd rather piss you off and have our arguments go in a productive direction, than have us be cool with each other, but failing to communicate.

When I talk to you about something like this, I try to turn off "Despanan" and stick to pure logic, specifically because this is an emotionally charged issue. If you'd prefer you can go ahead and call me a whole bunch of names, you can make speculations about my character, and you can get super outraged about me not tiptoeing around your sensibilities, but at the end of the day this is about facts, not about how you or I feel.

If you can't do that, feel free to write me off. It's no skin off of my nose and honestly, I get the feeling you did it a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote