View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #54
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I have a friend, that at one time had a homeless guy break into their house or trespass anyway...

Basically, all the homeless guy wanted was some food. A simple sandwich. Should he be tortured by the stranger for seeking help from that stranger?

Thing is, a lot of people out in the world get desperate. When things such as water and food are privatized or regulated by a government, someone's going to end up going hungry. To think, that food and water is more or less a privilege instead of a right. Everyone should have the right to nutrition. I mean seriously, does even the laziest person ever deserve to breath? Hell, we almost privatize oxygen. That's crazy.
My mentality might seem cruel and cold, but I think that a person who is hungry should find a job, or find a soup kitchen. I feel no pity for the person who expects to get a free handout and once full, slump back down in the gutter. When time passes and the person is hungry again, he/she goes to whoever they can find and beg some more.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote