Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
Dimarik

Greetings

Hey everyone. The name's Dimarik. [Not my actual name but similar.] I'm a guy and I live in California. A little bit about me is I consider myself new to the gothic subculture. I've been exploring it for about a year now and I do consider myself a different person in many ways.

For one, I'm not who I used to be. I've had a lot of "issues" in my past and I wanted to clean the slate of who I was. And to be honest, I didn't like who I was. I felt like I was living in this mask where no one saw the real me. And I've always been fascinated with dark things but I never knew there was something more then that.

So I went online and did my reasearch. I used to be one of those teens that listened to nothing but hip-hop. Sad, but I felt like I needed to broaden my mind and open my ears to many different genres when it was something I really didn't like. So for a while, I've gotten into the mainstream rock like Disturbed and bands that had this somewhat goth theme like Evanescence. Evanescence hit the nail. But without them, I wouldn't have gotten into music like Theatre Des Vampires, Moonspell, The Cruxshadows, or even Bauhaus.

Today, my music tastes have completely changed. To name a few of my current favorites bands, they are:

The Cruxshadows
Bauhaus
Siouxsie And The Banshees
Lacuna Coil
Mandragora Scream
ThouShaltNot
Hannah Fury
Depeche Mode
Razed In Black
Apocalyptica
Nox Arcana
Peter Murphy
Type O Negative
Voltaire
Emilie Autumn
Malice Mizer
Bella Morte

As for art, I've seen Victoria Fracnes' work. Her work is truly amazing and her vampire-inspired images are nicely-detailed. With books, I'm currently reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein for a school book report that I'm doing. My favorite authors are Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Lemony Snicket.

As I've said before, I'm new to the subculture. I'm willing to hear any suggestions from people recommending other bands, art, and books I haven't heard of. I hope to meet you all and see you around.
Dimarik is offline   Reply With Quote