View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'd love to see a statistic on how sexy Versus is under various levels on physical exertion.
Aww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Frankly, I don't think Saya or Versus or really anyone who suffers at the machinations of white male privilege wants Occupy to go away. It is a powder keg of real change if one can start getting those who enjoy privileges to recognize where they come from in life. It has to do it correctly.
I express this in much angrier terms then Saya. I am extremely pessimistic about occupy's message of solidarity. Frankly; It's complete and utter fucking bullshit. White people lose their homes and national unemployment reaches double digits and suddenly there's economic inequality! White kids run outside like the fucking sky is falling and act like damn fools when black males have seen it for how long? Crack rips through black communities for years and nothing's amiss, but when it comes into the masses? WAR ON DRUGS!

It's fucking insulting to other activists. It's like shit doesn't matter until it reaches them, and then they try to get minorities on board with their movement by expressing solidarity like their struggles are the same when minorities have been fighting alone for years and nobody gave a shit. Tim Wise compares it to the Titanic. He says when the ship hits an iceberg, the first ones to get wet are the poor kids in steerage. They try to sound the alarm to everybody above them, but they all say "This ship can't fucking sink" until there's water lapping at their feet.

That being said, you're right. I want Occupy to work. My worry is that, upon finding a measure of success for some, they'll quit and throw minorities under the bus again. IT HAS TO BE DONE CORRECTLY.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote