Thread: Grr. Argh. Etc.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
Versus

Creed of Heresy, everybody that has posted in this thread is irreligious to different degrees. Actually, most of this forum is, and most of the people who aren't have dabbled with it. Our experiences with it are sometimes different, but we try to understand that our individual experience is not the totality from it being a part of our lives. You mentioned being assaulted because you are an atheist, and we believe you. It's the exact opposite of my experience as an atheist; I've never hidden that part about me, I've never been persecuted for it, my mother is Christian and still loves the ever living shit out of me and respects my decision, I've never even gotten into a full blown argument where I defend myself for it, much less physically attacked. With all of that, I STILL BELIEVE YOU. I recognize that my experience is not the default or the standard.

Now fucking listen. You don't have a god damned fucking clue what it's like to be a woman or queer or trans. You have absolutely no fucking idea what it means when someone says "I had to use my white voice". When you made this thread and bitched about people making fun of your stupid clothes, nobody said that it was bullshit, or implied that you were making it up. When you talked about being attacked for being an atheist, nobody doubted you and said that your experience is bullshit because it's never happened to some of us. But when Solumina says that it's way harder for her to deal with being a women, with being queer, then it is for her to be irreligious, you said it was bullshit and then you fucking mansplain what real oppression is like. You don't even fucking know what the fuck it's like. There are so many things that people deal with that you don't even have to think about, that you've probably never even thought about at all, and you just dismiss and marginalize them because they aren't your problems so they must be made up or exaggerated.

I fucking wish that the best thing I could think of to show people how I'm being treated unfairly is that 8 states have a law (that hasn't been enforced in over 60 years) that says people (who admit to being) like me can't hold office.

Apologize to Solumina. Her experience is not bullshit. You're over here competing in the Oppression Olympics while she's being real with you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote