Thread: Grr. Argh. Etc.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #44
Creed of Heresy

Ahh, my mistake. I didn't realize you too were an RCC volunteer. Most people I talk to outside the DCRCC tend to use sexual assault as a replacement term for r*pe, so I've kind of grown used to doing the same myself outside of it. Probably would've figured that you meant the RAINN defined form of sexual assault given the study's statistics if I wasn't at the point where someone might mistaken me for an actual zombie right now. I probably should sleep and then continue on when I'm more rested. I would, however, like to point out that in the muslim world, atheists actually do suffer quite heavily. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrim...amic_countries It's worth noting, of course, that one born in a muslim nation would in all likelihood be raised as a muslim, and that they would become an atheist later, thus becoming "apostates" and subjected to imprisonment, physical punishment, and execution. Atheists in general tend to be a rather small group in highly religious nations, and trying to organize atheists, as it has been said by many, is like herding cats. In such nations, with such extreme penalties for denouncing your religion and becoming an atheist, I suspect rather strongly that the reason they seemingly don't suffer more is because they're less obvious, more secretive, and less organized than those of religious groups in other countries where such religious groups are assaulted and killed. Just something to consider. There's something to be said for hiding in the shadows to avoid being persecuted, especially in those kinds of nations. What there is to be said, though, is nothing good in reflection on those societies, and not just because of what is directed at so-called "apostates." Not saying you're wrong or anything, though; you did say "most," not "all."
Creed of Heresy is offline   Reply With Quote