Thread: Picture Post 2
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #7350
Solumina

I think the frustration that Saya was trying to express comes from people wanting high quality handmade goods for Walmart prices, something that I have certainly experienced. It comes not from people being unable or unwilling to buy the items but from people refusing to see any value in the work done or the time spent.

I make jewelry, recently I have also started doing macrame accessories, there are tons of people who see me wearing something that I made who practically beg me to make something for them only to balk at my prices. Even after I explain to people that I'm charging less than minimum wage for time spent on the project most people demand to pay next to nothing "I could just get it cheaper in a shop" and then they look confused when I suggest that they do just that as if I should be grateful for the opportunity to sell them something at cost.

Anyways on Saturday Jake and I went to The Great Dickens Christmas Fair in San Francisco. We didn't take too many pictures but Jake did snap a couple after I got my hair done.

My expression and posture are a bit weird as Jake insisted on taking pictures while I was still stretching my neck after holding my head very still while it was being braided but I'm quite happy with the braid (which is still very much intact, other than the flower and such stuck in it) and the fair was great fun, even if I wanted loads of pretty things that were far out of my price range.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote