Thread: Racist goths???
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
OnyxBat

Yeah I'm like so late on this topic but...
Just putting this out there. The reason why I posted the other thread last year (I think it was last year) was out of pure curiosity. I myself am Dominican and have received alot of bullshit from my family and friends on me being a goth. My parents started to think that I hated the color of my skin and that I hated my background and that I wanted to be 'white'. Well its not true it may have seemed that way because already I was raised in a 'white community' and that was some what part of by personality(you cant blame me). So back to the point, it was all curiosity, I just wanted to see if another person of another race had the same treatment as I did. Yes I could have chosen another race but I wanted to find out how specifically how 'black goths' are 'seen' as. Of course there's tons of racist out there who are bunch of assholes and can't get the idea of equality, but I'm not one. In Fact I feel extremely proud to see a non'white' goth because it's proof that anyone can be what the hell they want to be and not be stuck in this group because of their skin color or background. My parents and classmates always ask me 'why cant you be more Dominican?' and my response is "what is a Dominican?' And as for me blaming anyone, I wasn't blaming anyone! people kept making these accusations that I am a racist, Well to bad you didn't my point. Those people who called me a racist are just as indifferent as those who say 'you cant be goth if your not white', why call me a racist if I fall into the same group as all the other non white goths.