View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #151
Saya

I like going on Tumblr and seeing someone say something like I'm feeling: "at the end of the day when people of color call you out, you still wont fess up to your bullshit and thats about all i need to know about whether you really care about the struggle or if you just care about the brownie points of some poc liking you." I know I'm not PoC, but I get that kind of frustration.

And I get getting defensive about WELL IM NOT RACIST OR SEXIST. I used to do that all the time, and still do sometimes, but I'm learning that I learn more if I STFU and not make myself to be the victim of reverse racism, which essentially is what you accuse PoC of when you say that they're just out to get you when they criticize.

But when it comes to sexist or racist oppression, we can explain it to you, but we can't understand it for you. Clearly you don't understand, and you don't want to. Clearly you have no interest in listening, just trying to overpower our experience with your version of things when you're of the race, sex and class that is the most privileged and blind to the oppression of the rest of us.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote