Thread: Picture Post 2
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #7335
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
HoneyThorn.. they are amazing! Do you do paid work at all?
Good gods no Unprofessional is my middle name ( so is Louise ) The state of these on the underneath would render me with floods of complaints were I to make stuff for people. I'd have to have a billion disclaimers stating my amatuer...ness

One of my biggest regrets is not moving to a different college when I took art and design. Mine was SHIT. I should have moved to the one actually in my town . It's reputation for the art department is really quite high for the west midlands.

Too late now sadly as I would have to pay to do a proper course to learn how to do these things on a decent sellable scale . A lot. And there are others who do it so much better than me. Thing is their prices are appallingly high and it galls me . So I make my own. Not as good sure but they cost me almost nothing to make and the time spent making is something I enjoy.

I see a lot of comments from artists and makers in the goth and also steampunk "communities" who moan when people moan about their prices for their work. The go on and ON about how much time they have to spend making the stuff, costs of materials ect " if I had to do this for a job in a shop I would need a salary of X "

Annoys me. They started doing it for fun, because they like doing it . They made the mistake of trying to turn it into a sideline job. When it becomes a job it loses it's fun I find.

Besides I can't bring myself to charge anyone for anything. As the stuff I make costs me very little ( most of the dead stuff I find in the hedges and ditches or buy cheap ) I feel it's wrong to charge .

I annoy my wheeler dealer brother so much being that way :P

So on the VERY rare occasion I make things for anyone , I do indeed toss them a billion disclaimers of it not being a professional quality job, it will involve hot glue more than likely, and I never ever ask for or accept money for anything I make. I just do it for fun
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote