View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #91
Das Kommandant Mog

Location: Lurking in the remains of the Reich Imperial Chancellory
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
I think Manson's classified as "shock rock" because he's really more of a performance artist than a musician (whether he's good at it or not is up for debate).
That's what I always classified him as. He's about rattling the bars of society's cage, and getting them to stick their faces out and bite him. He wants a response, so he looks extreme, and sings extreme, and appeals to the people who like that sort of thing. But, that's just the opinion I've formed.

I admire his ability to take all the shit he gets from society in stride, and keep doing what he's doing. It's not like he isn't asking for it, though. But, I've never considered his music to be anything goth.

I kinda like some of his makeup though...and to whoever said he was a failure...mmkay you obviously are letting your personal opinion, and the whole "hate Manson 'cause he gives TRUE goths a bad name" thing influence, if not completely encompass, your opinion of Manson. On a cruder note, he had Dita von Tease in the ass. If that's failure than I really wonder what success is.
Das Kommandant Mog is offline   Reply With Quote