View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #30
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
She was part of a large group bussed in by the opposition to be disruptive buffoons and got knocked down when she escalated from simply shouting disruptions like the rest of her crew to physically pushing past security to grab the candidate. It wasn't her 'presence' that caused the problem, it was her shoving her way to bumrush Rand Paul. Props to her for getting the sympathetic photo-op, but it's still kind of dirty politics of a nature that I thought was below MoveOn.
And that is different from every other political rally how? Every where you have a public event, you have a group with a counter event. This is nothing new and would by no means be considered 'dirty politics'. It's called freedom of assembly.

Quote:
I think if they show up at a LGBT demonstration wearing purple and rainbows while waving LGBT rights signs but then does whatever they can to undermine the message of the rally, harass the speakers, and cause problems, it's dirty pool.
She wasn't undermining the rally by any means. I would say she was involved in a publicity stunt, but sure, it was a harmless stunt and did not illicit the agro response which was caught on film.

Are you suggesting that a harmless publicity stunt should be met with force such as jack-boot thugs jumping on the heads of small girls?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote