Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #3136
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirl View Post
Thanks for the advice.
I quite like the idea, except I'm scared he might think I'm being too 'pushy'.
I suspect the one word responses to you FB posts now are because he thinks you have gotten more excited or interested than he was really expecting ... what might be described by the person on the unwilling end of that attention as being "too pushy." On the other hand, you really can't know what is going through his mind unless you ask ... or he volunteers the information. But if he feels like your attention is "too pushy" already for the type of relationship he is interested in at this time, then asking him about it will almost certainly send him running.

Listen, you're thirteen so the only thing certain at this point is that you're in for a lot of changes. Learning how to build a relationship doesn't come naturally to anyone. It takes time and experience. And usually we learn more from failure than from success.

Nobody can really give you advice on how you should proceed here. But I can give you one piece of advice about that shyness. If you hesitate to do something because you are afraid of rejection, you could spend a lot of your life not really living.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote