View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #19
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsuc
What I thought was hilarious was the press secratery talking about the taps, dismising the fact they hadn't lead to the capture of any "terrorists", insisting they were useful and effective tool in homeland security.
Are you thinking of public statements by the Justice Department about the Patriot Act back in 2001/2002? I don't know, but it's not this case here, as President Bush, himself, came right out and cited two cases in which the NSA program played a role in leading to the arrests of Iyman Faris and the prevention of a British fetalizer bomb plot.

Lawyers also belive that the program had a role in leading to the arrests and convictions of Adham Amin Hassoun, Jose Padilla, and Ali al-Timimi. Nothing can be confirmed nor denied yet though, as it's all still tightly under wraps, but Administration officials have indeed cited the arrests if "terrorists."
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote