Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #12
An Eccentric Cellist

I do not smoke, my parents do, and my brother is a pain in the ass that badgers them about it. He often gets "Shut the hell up!" from me, you would too if your little brother was saying "Good Mom!" as if she were a bitch(proper use of the term). The reason I stopped saying things years ago is they KNOW what they're doing to themselves.

But on the topic if you don't like it light a candle, or sit in the non-smokers section. In a public workplace you shouldn't smoke because yes it bothers people, but in your own car, or in the smoking section, smoking should be allowed. Freedom of Choice. And you can take a horse to the watering hole but you can't make it drink. If you force a person to be healthy it'll piss 'em off, but if you give a better reason than "oh, it's bad for you" than they'll listen. My mum quit while pregnant, and my grandma quit when her husband had cancer. I'm pretty sure a human can do just about anything if they try hard enough or have something they're passionate about.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote