View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #253
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
very interest information /ape descendent/ you seem to be know a lot about the mormon sect of cchristianity. They do interpret the bible differently then most christians they have there own doctrine called the book of mormon. But anyways for someone who knows so much about the christian faith why aren't you a believer in jesus? I'm not a mormon though I think that polygramy is debatable. I know that a lot of mormons don't think polygramy should be legal though. Anyways God bless you all and have a good night
I do know a lot about Mormonism.... Not that its anything terribly important... unless you wish to closely interact with LDS people or seem credible when talking about the religion on an online message board.

While Mormons do have the Book of Mormon along with the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price, they also do follow the King James version of the bible quite closely. Do not be fooled, a lot of LDS people are highly educated in all of their literature. Along with regular Sunday services, many LDS teenagers attend a class in high school they refer to as Seminary where they go through the books and learn about their particular sect, which is a lot more religious education than most other Christian kids get growing up.

There are volumes that can be said about Mormons and polygamy. I have not brought any of this up because, from what I've seen of your posts, you seem to lack the subtly and reading level to discuss it in any sort of depth or detail.. I'd rather it just be a discussion and not just deteriorate into your usual inane, misspelled babble.

On a different note, I am not religious because I don't believe in the supernatural. No gods, no pixies, no dragons.. and I see them all in the same light. The bible is a highly flawed book that contradicts itself in spots, especially when one compares the different books of the New Testament to each other, don't ask me to point it out.. just Google it. That is part of the reason I reject the bible as a reasonable source of reliable information.

On the topic of god, which religion has a tendency to orbit, I have found that there is not enough empirical evidence to prove the existence of a god or gods in the first place. If I ever encounter good, scientific evidence of such a being, I shall change my mind, for I love real truth. We may never find out all of the truth in the universe, but that's ok by me, the search is part of the fun.

I am rather excited to see some underlying intelligence in you. I don't mind continuing conversations as long as you continue to show it and use it. We don't have to agree, just don't be a dumb ass. And if its not too much to ask.. work on your grammar and spelling, not just for me, but for every sorry sap who ends up reading your posts.

May Mir bless you, for we are one in Mir.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote