View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #10
Isibell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mytribe
Flame me all you want but the bottom line is 80 hospitals closed due to illegals and yes I blame this fu#ed up night on them as I know we wouldnt have nearly a tough decision if there werent so many of them here. .....

I'm scared and so is she. We dont know what to do.

K......so......ah........right.

Here's the thing. It is true that hospitals have been closing all over the US. But it has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. Hospitals close mostly because they can't make their shareholders happy and the investors pull out. (Can I point out how sick it is that you can say those kinds of things about a hospital. When did health become a consumer good?) And the reason you don't want to go to the hospital has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. You don't want to go because, like a lot of people in this country, you work at a job that doesn't provide a health insurance option. That's not immigration, that's cheep corporations. The only tuff decision you faced that night was if you were willing to let the government garnish your wages when you didn't pay your hospital bill. Remember, they still have to help you if you have insurance or not.

And as for being scared...you probably should be. Intense pain in the belly like that is never a good thing. Gas will hurt, but rarely enough to make you pass out. I'd say insurance or no you still need to get your girl to the doctor. If you’re lucky her appendix isn't inflamed.

But that's just my opinion.
Isibell is offline   Reply With Quote