View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Pineapple_Juice

marriage unproposal:

AnythingSo my girlfriend's dad isn't going to be around much longer. We've been dating for roughly three years. We both planned on getting married someday.

She just up and said "hey my sister asked me about this and i was thinking about it too-how would you feel about having a marriage ceremony? You know, before my dad dies?"

Firstly most of my friends don't even know we're dating, let alone living with each other because i wanted to spare the feelings of a boy i dumped due to "lack of time" (like a pussy). His friends are my friends and they would hate me for lying to them in such a way.

Secondly, she didn't propose to me. She asked me if we could get married so her father could be there. To plan this wedding i would have like a month, tops. We don't have any money.

If i said yes, i would have to hide it from my friends and my family until as such time was appropriate for us to do things the right way and have a proper ceremony where everyone is informed well ahead of time and i'm not shouting marriage out of the blue.

Thirdly, i feel as though rushing into a lifelong commitment due to time constraints for her dying father seems perilous at best. I only want to get married once and i want to do it right.

But i mean we ARE planning to get married anyway an dwhat kin dof an asshole woul di be to say "no" when her whole family is on about doing it for her father?