View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepylittleshit
Well if she was unable to feed herself and if she were a wild animal what would happen? She would die. That was a natraul death from where she stood at that point in time. I'll be awaiting the flames up my ass for making that comparrison but like or not humans are a part of nature and to debate otherwise I think is to deny one's connection to the rest of the planet.
But, of course, she wasn't a wild animal, nor have any humans been for thousands of years. (Come on: eating cooked meat is "unnatural.")

And yes, I do deny our "connection to the rest of the planet." I've never been fond of commune-with-nature bullshit. Nature is random and impotent; it's there for humans to use, not obey.

I live in a state that gets regular tornadoes, massive lightning storms, floods, five-year-long droughts, and all sorts of nasty things on a pretty much daily basis. The main resevoir of water for this area is nearly bone-dry. But human mastery over nature has advanced to an extent that nobody here notices anymore. Our agriculture industry isn't fazed by either floods or droughts; we still manage to feed most of the country without trouble, and, as a whole, we're doing quite well.

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people in Bangladesh, who live much more in-tune with nature, died when their country was struck by big waves. Thousands of more will starve to death because their agriculture is shot to hell, and thousands more will die from diseases that, in the West, are considered nothing serious at all.

Conclusion: until nature magically sprouts a pizza tree in my dorm room (the fruit contains natural vaccinations against flu, by the way), raises an umbrella of fig leaves over my head whenever it rains, and generally makes my life better, to hell with it.
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote