Thread: Atheism+
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #59
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
The hyperbolic retorts really aren't helping very much. I read up on what happened, watched the video of the initial account and spent a strange amount of time on this as a curiosity. It is frankly fucking astonishing that certain people cannot accept another viewpoint.
And don't you see your privilege? The fact that you had to choose to do a little bit of research when women do not have that choice and have to live with this knowledge? Doesn't it suggest to you that there is a whole world of experience that you are protected from? That there are things out there you that you really don't have the perspective to make conclusions on?

Quote:
If you want to think I am a bad person because I don't lockstep with your hivemind, I don't know what to tell you.
It's not about being right. I give two shits about that. What makes me angry is that you can't understand that the shit you say is oppressive. It doesn't hurt you to say it, but it hurts other people when you do. You are not entitled to that.

Quote:
When Alan initially had a similar interpretation of this that I do now, he wasn't a dumbshit creepy motherfucker Patriarch von Cracker. Seriously take a breath, go have some water, whatever you have to do. I'm trying to have a conversation amid clearing up bullshit strawmen.
Alan is different because he didn't dismiss when somebody pointed out racism, and he didn't unapologetically contribute to everything fucking wrong with this planet. He sat back and actually listened. And again, it's just a conversation to you. When you step away from it, it's over. It doesn't follow you everywhere you go, it's not something you live with, and it is something you can ignore.

Also, don't fucking tone police me. I don't need to be nice to you, it's a courtesy on my part when I do, not an entitlement that you possess. You're the one helping women get ignored when they speak out about **** culture, not me.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote