View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #46
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

In your defense, AshleyO is the one that really takes it up to the 11 and blames other cultures for their religious values without realizing that our atheism is only a very specific type of western atheism that isn't perfectly translatable to other cultures, but you're approaching that very dangerously.
You know, Alan. I don't get where you find this information. I'm unaware that I blame other cultures for their religious values. In fact, I'd be the FIRST to say I can't really make much of a call on this whole other culture/other religion stuff because I'm frankly NOT part of that culture and I'm not qualified to make any sort of judgement on it because of that. However, I am NOT an anthropologist. I lack those tools to have a fair discussion about that particular issue and the only thing I DO have is my western atheism.

Matter of fact... I don't even know where the hell you got this dirt on me. Is it because of that Chinese thread?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote