View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #158
Despanan

I should say BTW, as for the Cops vs. Bane's Army:

This was actually really cathartic for me. I've been on the other side of that kind of showdown, and it was really REALLY interesting to see the cops in a position that protestors here in NYC often find ourselves in.

While casting the police as the heroes is problematic for me, it makes sense in the context of the Batman universe, and you need to look closer and look at that and the political context of the times in which this movie was made to see there's alot more to this scene than a simple championing of the police. It's a rather brilliant role-reversal.

This would have been even better if the bit where they had Gotham PD facing down a bunch of Occupy-styled protestors at the beginning of the film hadn't been cut in the interest of taste.

Bane literally turned Gotham on it's head. The criminals in the sewers came to the top. The cops went to the sewers. The criminals were set free and given power and privilege, the cops were imprisoned. The oppressors became the oppressed and the oppressed became the oppressors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote