View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #87
Despanan

[Con't]

There are certainly going to be crazy/stupid/ignorant/racist/sexist people involved with occupy, but this is because Occupy is a microcosm of our own culture, and our culture ITSELF is massively racist and sexist, and it is kept that way by the 1%. This is not a reason for women and people of color to NOT get involved in Occupy, this is precisely WHY women and people of color NEED to get involved in Occupy.

The only way this movement will disappear after a few reforms, is if the alienation is allowed to continue. Right now Versus, there's a shit ton of white male Occupiers who WANT to listen to you, who WANT to understand, and are ready to be just as pissed off about these issues as you are, but if you refuse to work with them because they don't have exactly the same experience and knowledge you have, if you sit back in your chair and condemn the whole movement because of some blogs you read (protip: bloggers are effected by the mass media too) then OF COURSE the revolution will fail. It will fail because we can't defeat classism without defeating racism, and we can't defeat racism without defeating sexism. It is all interconnected, and when anyone closes off communication with the other members of the proletariat, for whatever reason, the 1% wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote