View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 12:08 AM   #22
AshleyO

Versus, I like your idea. I especially have a very cool image of people on rascals at Walmart rolling through the lanes with their machine guns on the sides of their rascal.

But anyway, my point was that if we're going to talk about people having the ability to kill in large numbers and quickly, then that is something that I think everyone should be able to do equally and no... you can't just opt out of it by not buying a gun because it ignores those that needs that level of protection and can't afford it or are barred from having one because maybe they suffer from a condition.

The thing I don't like is people talking about this kind of stuff in the neoliberal or individualist sense. They want the capacity to kill others and they want certain other people to not have that capacity.

Either that or I'm just really tired of talking about gun rights to people who have very little reason to have one. It's a white problem. Yeah, I said it. Gun ownership, as a political talking point, seems to be overwhelmingly white. Maybe it's just me, but other than Versus, I've never seen or heard a PoC talk about their rights to own a gun.

What's your take on gun ownership, Versus? Truthfully, I'm rather ambivalent about it. I lean more towards disarmament, but I can't help but feel like there are people in America that really DO need the protection a gun can offer such as women, lgbtq, and PoC.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote