View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
student

Thank you to everyone who's contributed so far. I've seen a lot of sites describing what goth is already but some of the ones you've given me are new so i'll check them out for a better insight.

I do understand that it would be easier if i was a goth to integrate and to be accepted, but i'm not so its more difficult. But it does give me an outsider's perspective without a chance of bias. I knew nothing about the culture before so have no preconceptions. And regarding 'Tall One In Black's reply, i have read information readily available. I've studied books, fanzines, websites, i've been to goth nights, i've talked to goths both online and in person - this isn't my only research. This is just extra. I thought it would be an interesting dimension to not just talk to goths from my own country but to expand it worldwide if they are willing.

And i know i can find the answers on the site already, i've found searching past forum threads a great way to improve my research but i have to do primary research too where i ask the questions and people answer my specific questions. So honest i'm not a retard! mostly...