Thread: americans
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:58 AM   #258
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
It might, depending on what we mean by "official". I have heard that in French Quebec there are laws against putting English on signs and advertisements and so forth unless there is also French, and the French is in a larger font. That sounds like a pretty important difference to me.
Actually that's quite true, or it was for a while. The film starring John Candy titled, "Canadian Bacon," poked fun at that whole concept.

I don't remember the plot anymore, but I know a few Americans were extremely upset with Canada and Canadians for some reason. They ended up driving up north with a van that had, "Fuck Canadians!" / "Fuck Canada!" and other slanderous logans spray painted onto the side. Police officer pulls them over, makes them step out of the van and write all that again in French on their vehicle. :P
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote