View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #48
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Er - got to say, Fruitbat, if this is how you usually roll then I'm beginning to understand why people become blunt with you. You haven't actually posted anything resembling an argument - just some personal opinion that (even leaving aside the redundancy of anecdotal evidence) bore little discernible relevance to the debate at hand, followed by some vague insinuations that you're being victimised. That's not how debates work; not unless you've actively trying to drive people to frustration.
*sighs* I was making a comment on the topic, not debating, not making out I was victimised by anyone.. I pointed out in my last post that I ws being flippant.

I'm not arguing/debating/whatever the fuck you want to call it, anything about abortion. The last time I checked personal comments were still allowed in society, just maybe not appreciated in threads about abortion on G.net.

Yes I used some of my personal experiences in trying to get my point across, but as I said I was making a comment not a debate, not an argument, and no I wasn't trying to make this thread about me. if i wanted a thread about me, i'd start one, but I'm really not that interesting.

I was making a comment. Not debating anything, not arguing a point, just merely stating that I like Desp's argument, but there are times when logic doesn't hold up.

Then I made posts about how that logic wouldn't hold up, using some examples, and then suddenly people were jumping on me because they were suggesting that they thought I thought something which I didn't and never said anything of the sort.

So I got jumped on because you were all wearing your debating hats, whereas I was wearing my comment/observation hat.

So in future, I shall remember to stay out of the debate team threads, and shall promise not to have any comments to put forward.

HOLD UP

I think MissC just made a comment, or maybe an observation, or maybe just voiced her opinion on something. Maybe she wants a debate or maybe she was just mentioning her personal experience in passing.

Oh wow, two comments on one thread, how exciting for everyone.

**Warning: sarcasm was used in this thread***

Next time I'll make it clear that it's a comment. I thought it was clear but obviously its not.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote