View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #134
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Why would we go occupy Occupy? Wouldn't you dismiss that as divisive?
No. What you're doing NOW, refusing to get involved and disseminating incorrect information, that gives a skewed perspective of what the movement is about, while arguing from a position of ignorance.

THAT is divisive. Getting involved and working for change within your part of the movement and your own community as a whole is what OWS is all about.

Quote:
The "waves" of feminism idea only works if you think its the mainstream white feminist movement that counts. The Audre Lordes and the bell hooks of the world kept on fighting when the Betty Friedans of the world felt comfortable, felt the battle was done, and even felt feminism went too far because women cut their hair short and own computers. It is through no fault of the Audre Lordes that the Betty Friedans were selfish assholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus
You have to take responsibility for everything that you create, not just the good things, but the bad as well.

Quote:
Also, regards the "Now they finally are." No, its not finally. They've pretended too lots of times before. I don't know if you know this but activist movements, even large ones! Have existed before.
I'll tell you what, I'll make sure all the men at OWS sign a form that says they aren't lying about wanting to change the world.

Now Please stop being so condescending. It's unbecoming and rude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote