View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:31 PM   #26
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
Okay, Peter, show prove me wrong, scientifically and beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God does not exist.
Prove you wrong scientifically?, scientifically I can't, you can't prove a negative in science, you can only prove a positive that would rule out a negative.

Quote:
Everyone has a right to believe whatever they choose, and in posing this question I in no way seek to demean anyone for their beliefs, and far from it.
No do I, however, logically god does not exist, let alone God. Faith is not a logical proposition, "believe this unproven thing" is illogical captain.

Quote:
It's just that if you claim logic as your reason, how can you claim that one's faith in God, or lack of faith in God, logicly makes Him exist or not exist?
I don't, logically He doesn't exist.

Quote:
And anyways, I do agree that even though I believe in ID, it does seem somewhat...weird...teaching all these different theories in a biology class.

Who's to say that I don't believe that aliens dropped us out of the sky onto planet Earth, and just because the Evolutionists and Christians have their say means I should have mine on the taxpayer's dollar as well?

As a believer in Creation, honestly, I'd just be happy if there were more up to date textbooks that don't include blatant hoaxes and mistakes - oh I forgot one earlier, like the peppered moth example that was also uncovered as a hoax. It seems a shame to me that we would be teaching these things when we know they are not true.

It does seem to be playing with fire to be introducing so much theology into biology class...
Well, biology should probably be taught in biology, even if you accept that ID is a theory (technically, it's a supposition) it certainly isn't a scientific one, and shouldn't be taught in a science class. Creationism doesn't even pretend to be a theory, that's plain belief.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote