View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #115
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Well yeah, that is really my issue, they are so obviously going for a working class hero (at least in appearance) but it doesn't really make sense with the personality that they are portraying (a more alien Superman) and the way that they are attempting to portray his working class-ness wouldn't be the least bit practical (the jeans aren't gonna restrict his movement but he would split those seams in a heartbeat) so it doesn't make sense on either count and therefor feels like cheap pandering, like when Republicans go on and on about how blue collar they are.
To be fair I still haven't read it yet, but a more alien Superman doesn't really mean that he can't relate. I mean, he was raised by humans, its all he really knew. I kinda expect them to emphasize the alien bit by his alien nature or his yearning to learn more about it to come into conflict with how he was raised, but not change how human he can be.

I only flipped through it but from what I saw it seems he is kind of a poor bachelor as of right now.

I WILL READ IT, I just didn't have cash and didn't want to put four dollars on my debit, I'll get it when I get Batwoman >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I don't think he has to wear anything athletic, although I don't think any earth-made clothing is going to survive him going into battle.
Does clothing matter to him? Is he bulletproof in this continuity? And why isn't this a concern for all the wimmin superheroes? XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote