View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #102
Apathy's_Child

Shit, I forgot about this. Here's a short one real quick.

SHOT OF THE LARGE ARCHED DOOR AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE OF HEADQUARTERS. THE DOOR SWINGS OPEN CREAKILY TO REVEAL THE SURVIVORS, LED BY APATHY, 'CAUSE LET'S FACE IT, THE DAY I'D LET ANY OF YOU DICKWADS LEAD ME INTO BATTLE IS THE DAY I'M TOO JADED AND DOWNBEAT TO EVEN GET A WAVE OF GRATITUDE AT MY GOOD LUCK WHEN I LOOK DOWN IN THE SHOWER.

AS THE GROUP ENTER STEALTHILY, THE SHOT MOVES OUT TO REVEAL THE SAME SEA OF LIMBS, BLOODSTAINED WALLS AND GENERAL CARNAGE SEEN IN THE STREETS. THEY MOVE QUICKLY AND QUIETLY THROUGH THE WAITING AREA AND THROUGH A SMALL, DINGHY STAIRWELL, INTO THE MAIN OFFICE: A LARGE OPEN SPACE WITH SMALL CLUSTERS OF DESKS DOTTED AROUND. A COUPLE STILL HAVE COMPUTERS ON THEM. APATHY PAUSES BESIDE ONE OF THE MONITORS, WHICH IS SMASHED; CLOSE-UP OF HIS STUNNING EYES WHICH FADES INTO FLASHBACK:

YELLS, SCREAMS AND THE BREAKING OF SHIT CAN BE HEARD AS ZOMBIES STORM HEADQUARTERS. APATHY IS FIGHTING ONE, TOTALLY DOMINATING NATURALLY, AS OTHER INDISTINCT AND LESS AWESOME HUMAN FIGURES ARE TAKEN DOWN AROUND HIM. HE HAS NO WEAPON AND IS WRECKING THE ZOMBIE'S SHIT WITH HIS BARE HANDS. REALIZING HE IS TOO KICKASS TO BE EATEN, THE ZOMBIE TURNS AWAY, GROWLING, AND LEAPS ON SIR CANVAS CORPSEY -ONE OF THE INDISTINCT BACKGROUND FIGURES WHO IS NOW IN THE FOREGROUND BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM HAS BECOME RELEVANT TO APATHY'S WAY MORE INTERESTING STORY. SCC LETS OUT A CRY OF PAIN - APATHY WRENCHES THE ZOMBIE OFF SCC AND PUTS HIS FIST THROUGH ITS FUCKING HEAD, DESTROYING THE BRAIN. HE TURNS BACK TO SCC AS THE UNDEAD BITCH HE'S JUST WASTED CRUMPLES TO THE GROUND. THE SHOT REVEALS THAT SCC HAS PERCHED SHAKILY ON THE EDGE OF THE DESK, INSPECTING A WOUND ON HIS FOREARM.

SCC: [looking up slowly, holding his arm out so that the wound can be seen] You wanna do it now, or in about thirty seconds?

Apathy: [dropping his fists incredulously as he realizes what's happened, then manning up as he would totally do in a real apocalypse] I'll do it when you turn. Don't worry. You won't even know what's happening by then.

SCC: [dropping his eyes to the wound again with a look of detached curiosity] I think - I'd rather you did it now. [Apathy gives him a painful look]

Apathy: Really? You sure?

SCC: [nodding bravely] Yeah. I don't wanna wind up like these guys, man. [gestures at the one to their left who's currently eating the face of an unseen outstretched figure] LOOK at them. Laaaame. [rolls eyes in disbelief as the zombie, finished, stumbles away to pick up a stray arm which it chows down on]

Apathy: [sighing regretfully] You REALLY making me do this?

SCC: [straightening bravely] Yeah. C'mon. No WAY am I ending my life as a a flesh-eating douchebag. Do it before I become one more thing between you and the door.

Apathy: [stares at him reluctantly, eyes full of emotion. Opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by a cry from SCC as the latter convulses hard, arms clamping around his stomach]

SCC: NOW! [Apathy steps towards him as he cries out again] I'm sorry, man - never - even - got to - lick your - ball-sack... [suddenly lets out a shriek; the next time he looks up, his eyes are all fucked up and discolored like the other zombies'. Apathy puts his fist through his head with lightning speed before he can even get up from the edge of the desk. His fist smashes through the back of SCC's skull to destroy the computer monitor behind him.

End flashback - jolt back to Apathy in the office, staring at the broken monitor. He shakes himself and moves along, leading the group towards the stairwell at the back of the office. He pauses at the entrance and turns back to them]

Apathy: Okay, we're headed for the roof. Don't forget what Ophie said - there's something up there. We gotta be careful. [pauses and stares past them]

Despanan: So? What're we waiting for?

Apathy: [still staring] Yo, Desp. Know how you wanted to break your weapons in before we really hit the shit-storm?

Despanan: Uh-huh?

Apathy: [as two zombies crouched in the shadows, quietly chewing on a dismemebered corpse, rise slowly in the background] I think now might just be the time. [the group turn to see the two zombies rising slowly from their crouched positions in the shadows twenty feet or so away. They see the survivors and begin advancing on them, snarling softly]

Saya: Oh my god - is that -

SHOT OF THE ZOMBIES LEAPING AT THE CAMERA

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote