Thread: A Goth is Here
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Soulbinder

A Goth is Here

As a writer of Gothic Horror I have followed Gothic.net a long, long time, but never felt the need to post here.
But, now that I have made my first post, I would consider it in bad taste not to introduce myself.

I have never been much of a follower, but I'll follow by the numbers so as not to be rude:
1. Jack-of-all-trades master of some.

2. Hard question to answer, I live in New York right now, but I never stay in one place for long, and I was not born here. I'd have to say I'm from many different places.

3. The list of my favorite authors is pretty long, it is easier to say, Elric is my favorite book.

4. Anything that couldn't possibly be real.

5. Having been down that road I'd have to say Taps (just kidding, truthfully I don't know).

6. This is an easy one; Remember Tomorrow by Iron Maiden and Falling Off the Edge of the World by Black Sabbath.

7. After having personally faced death on more than a few occasions, an in many different guises; either suddenly in battle or in my sleep. Either way I'd prefer not to see him coming again.

8. Forget the casket, burn my empty shell like my pagan forefathers, let the worms find food elsewhere.

9. Anything Black and/or made of leather.

10. Again not an easy question, it's hard to remember that far back. I'd have to say, peace of mind.

11. Once again that's a hard one to answer, the list is long. Better to tell you my three favorite songs; Veteran of the Psychic Wars (the words closely resemble me), The Rite of Spring (preferably on pipe-organ), and Permafrost.

12. Experience.

13. Believe it or not to be saved, HA HA! But now that I've started posting here, I think I may stay a while.

14. Male.

Now that the formalities are over (I hope I didn't go to far off course), time for the real story:

The tale of my life is unbelievable and for the most part fantastically dark. If I were to write it all down, it would rival almost every book of fiction I have ever read.
As an example I'll tell you this; I have no common bloodline, and as such I have no fear, I hate strangers (which is why I haven't posted on this forum before now), and when I think of the Carpathians they whisper to me (calling me).
I don't shun the light, but have spent most of my life among the shadows, and have been hidden in the darkness for so long, it is there that I feel most comfortable.

Having just reread what I have said so far, I have to laugh at how much like a vampire I sound. So, let me point out, I am not one. Would that I were, then at least my crazy life would have an explanation.

That's enough for a proper intro I think, so I'll close with this; I look forward to meeting you all.

P.S. Flamers, feel free! Even the outcast have cast me out, and I have been through hell. Think you can do more?
Soulbinder is offline   Reply With Quote