View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #33
Versus

I haven't played it too much yet, but my first impressions of it are good. I have one point of advice I'd like to share, though.

Get it for computer. The Mods from Fallout 3 are easy to convert to New Vegas. I know that a lot of people gripe that there wasn't a lot of content for 3 as compared to Oblivion. I think vanilla 3 had like 30 quests, as opposed to TES 4's 200+. What a lot of people don't realize, however, is that the user community has essentially changed the face of both games. I cannot express in words much better they both were with mods. Literally, everything that you Bethesda did wrong can be changed. It annoys me that Bethesda still doesn't up the ante in a few areas (Character Meshes/Textures for example. The women in 3 looked awful, but a few mods fixed that right quick), but they are trying.

For example, New Vegas' "Hardcore" mode is just a dumbed down port of a popular Fallout 3 realism mod. I am a HUGE fan of the post-apocalyptic genre. Tank Girl, Mad Max, Water World, The Postman, The Book of Eli, Dawn of the Dead, I am Legend, ect, so the first thing I did was download mods that emphasize survival as an aspect of game play because this... was simply not a factor in 3. My current Fallout 3 game's gameplay mechanics to fix that include Acid rain, a much higher radiation presence, realistic food, water, and sleep needs (as well as appropriate effects from alcohol, drugs, stims, food, ect), fucking ZOMBIE HORDES, and an amazing mod called "DC Interiors" that literally adds hundreds of unique buildings scattered throughout the DC ruins. All of this adds an entire dimension to simply going about your business.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote