View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #9
Fruitbat

Soap dyes in eye make up - FARK!! what was that person thinking?

SOL clear labelling would be what your friend needs. Over here, almost everything has to have ingredients on the label - that could be a marketing ploy for her.

Website with happy animals out in the fields being animals would be a way of passing off the animal side of the farm. Plus in reality for a healthy agricultural system there needs to be some sort of animal involvement (and that's the brief version of events).

I don't get what is wrong with bees pollinating flowers and why that would be considered wrong by vegans. That is the function of a bee - to pollinate flowers. Bees live in hives. I'm pretty sure that a bee in a hive and a bee in the wild would do the same amount of pollinating in a day (dependant on flowers).

The reduction in the number of honeybees in the world and the possibility of that being an indication of ecological declines - well that's another debate entirely.

Oh and if your friend wants to sell her product for a premium, tell her to get into biodynamics or organic farming.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote