View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #8
Stormbringer

Well, I did have a nice Christmas only because of seeing my family happy.

My 82 year old father has dementia and my mum who isn't much younger, has her hands full looking after him. I'm also a single parent with a five year old son. So my mum asked me to hold Christmas at my place just for the four of us. I was glad to, as it lifted the burden from her shoulders. Seeing my son unwrapping his presents and hearing my mother's laughter - even after having to constantly remind my father that he doesn't live at my place, hence the lack of combs in the bathroom. (I have a .5 hair cut)

The religious basis of Christmas means nothing to me but it's a good opportunity for me to do something nice for those I love.

After my parents had gone home my ex (my son's mother) came over and we ate the remainder of the roast followed by her delicious traditional Xmas pud with lashings of brandy sauce !!! And of course my son Zac got to open more presents. Seeing him, my mum, my ex and my pa happy made my day.

btw I've since got my dad a set of plastic combs which I keep for when they come over - a little thing but I know that It'll make him happy.

I also cooked dinner for one of my close friends on Boxing Day - a guy I've known since primary school who has on one - lots of problems and issues which have resulted in his family abandoning him.

The point of this story is that when you eventually find yourself in charge of Christmas, all the stresses and hassels of the past are long gone.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote