Thread: Respect...?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

I don't like when people think that you have to 'earn' their respect. I grew up around a bunch of arrogant fuckers who always said, "My respect must be earned, it's never freely given!" That's just not how the world works. I've learned in the real world you have to first give respect to get it. I can respect the fact that someone has a difference of opinion, but I do not have to respect that opinion.

The only people I normally have any sort of problem with are ignorant people who make foolish assumptions about me or so-called 'alpha-males' trying to put the 'uppity woman' in her place. Sometimes it does cease to be a two-way street and you have to just roll your eyes and ignore people. If you are fine with not having the respect of someone you are arguing or debating with, then it's all right to show your lack of respect.

If someone is making a foolish argument out of nothing and they're going nowhere fast with it, I normally cut them off at the pass by responding nonsensically to them(stupid questions/arguments get stupid answers).

I will expound later, but I have to do some Math homework.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote