View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #71
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
No, it's just hypocritical to say on one hand that it's wrong to use charged terms without taking other people's feelings into consideration, and then congratulate yourselves over doing the same thing.

You don't give a shit what people think or feel, you're just caught up in being self-righteous.

edit: holy shit you are delusional.
It's hypocritical, you say?

From my facebook a few months ago:

Quote:
Except he actually didn't say "the n-word." He said ******. Even my phone knows that it's wrong and tried to correct me by replacing it as a misspelling of "bigger."

I told him not to say it again in my presence.

He whitesplained what the word "really means," and told me not to let it bother me.

I told him not to tell me how to respond to oppression.

He asked "why is it oppression if blacks say it all the time?"

I told him that it means something different if other people say it.

He asked me why it offended me. Like he didn't fucking know. As if everybody doesn't know.

I told him about the history of the word, and that when white people say it, it's in two ways. I said "The first way is the way that I will slap the shit out of whoever says it like that," and explained that the second way, casually, is the way that ignores, dismisses, and marginalize how it hurts me. How it causes my gut to churn and my teeth to clench.

And he asked me "But why is it different when I say it, and not another black person."

I said "because you're a white American and know damn fucking well why."

He raised his voice and said "That racist! You're a hypocrite when you condemn racism and use it yourself! Stop being a fucking pussy and rise above the ignorance."

Then we really argued.
I'd be convinced that you work at Ft. Carson if I hadn't met dozens of other people who say the same thing.

What is it with people who think they can just shit out the same arguments and think they've somehow got you in a vice?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote