View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #146
Saya

The thing about Starfire was that her comic book incarnation is a lot older than her Teen Titan incarnation, the cartoon show changed the character completely, its not really the same person. I was first introduced to her through Teen Titans too and when I came across her in the comics, I lost all interest in her, before the reboot. She's all boobs and ribs and its hard to see past that, and its been a problem for her for a long time, I think. That and she's been the "naive alien who doesn't understand human things" for several years she's been on Earth. She's sexy and she doesn't know anything, is pretty much a good way to sum her up sometimes.

She slept around, a lot, and would often pose for cheescake. What changed is her attitude about sex. In the previous continuity, she justified sleeping around because she's sharing love, she doesn't like keeping it exclusive to one person. Its not that sex is meaningless, she's polyamorous. It has everything to do with love. So even though I couldn't really enjoy her as she was obviously meant to pander every single panel she's in, I could see why people like her personality, she was very loving and passionate.

The change now is that she apparently doesn't remember the names of people she slept with, and even though her relationship with Dick is canon, he means nothing to her now. And she says "love has nothing to do with it." What there was to like about her personality is gone and all we have left is the pandering.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote