View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #4533
Saya

Rented The Woman In Black last night.

It was extremely derivative and I'm not sure if they intended it to be a homage to the classic horrors every little thing in the movie is taken from or if it was just THAT generic and lazy. Seriously, creepy little children! Twins, NO, triplets! Creepy dolls! Haunted house with scary noises!

It reminded me of The Haunting Of Hill House, The Innocents (there's a particular shot where he's looking out the window and sees a black figure in the marsh, The Innocents has the exact same shot), The Shining (if only for the creepy little girls), The Orphanage, even crappier movies like Carnival Of Souls.

There's a part in the middle where he's investigating the house at night where its EXTREMELY like The Haunting Of Hill House and it actually scared us, but we had the lights off and I scare easy. After the middle part, it became very anti-climatic. All the plot reveals I called in the first ten minutes of the film, and the ending again really reminds me of other, better films.

On the other hand, Daniel Radcliffe did a good job considering what he was given. The girl I watched it with said the movie really reminded her too of Sleepy Hollow, but I think that worked much better as a tribute than this.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote